6 October 2015: The Committee took evidence from Shona Robison, Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport, Scottish Government. The Committee agreed to consider the evidence heard at a future meeting. Official Report: 6 October 2015
Follow us & get involved:
- ❤️😇. 💔😡. 💙😇. 😡💔
- Always lovely to see special friends, but also sad when they have to leave. So good that Hilary and Montrose FC Am… t.co/Ho6uFnCNun
- FROM ONE OF THE SCOTTISH NEWSPAPERS TODAY..... THEIR NEWS IS HISTORY TO SOME OF US!!! 💔💔💔💜💜💜🏴🏴🏴
- Popped into our friends Louise and Kyles Photographic Studio & Gallery HAMILTON KERR in Kirriemuir today about fram… t.co/VzW7jbOAXK
- SFA urged to act by Frank's Law campaigner after deaths of Billy McNeill and Stevie Chalmers from dementia t.co/MgkvVKUBYO
- Did heading a ball lead to player deaths? t.co/GqAdXems7X
- A little quote to remember and a lesson in life for each of us....... """Sometimes when my brother does not keep… t.co/BUq2ZPdLLj
- 2 years ago our friend Jonathen decided to raise awareness for FRANK’S LAW by travelling to 40 football grounds, as… t.co/sYbRnPuDKH
- Delighted to be sent these photos from our good friend, Simon, who is once again on his travels worldwide and this… t.co/O9uRtK0LWn
- HOW TRUE IS THIS SAYING..... THE DEAD CANT FIGHT FOR JUSTICE, ITS UP TO THE LIVING TO DO THAT FOR THEM.....
- I really do wish that certain people who write for the media would occasionally remind themselves how insulting, hu… t.co/xW4GFm4Nym
- Exclusive: Dementia research expert calls for ban on headers for under-11s t.co/NtCVa4HmjE
- Delighted to be sent these photos of the FRANK’S LAW t shirt in the Spanish colours red and yellow (courtesy of our… t.co/YalnPhTCp3
- Thank you to the journalist from the SCOTSMAN for this article from a few months ago. In the political stramash th… t.co/S5gwKZolad
- “TELL THEM AMANDA, ITS TOO LATE FOR ME, BUT IT WILL HELP OTHERS IN THE FUTURE” That was the “one sentence” which F… t.co/opgZ5ml9GB
- Thank you Angus Council the first Council in Scotland to implement FRANK’S LAW on April 1st. Thank you to our frien… t.co/HLZFXjYZXN
- More proud members of FRANK’S ARMY....👍👍💙
- Thank you very much to our friend Kevin for this lovely verse.....a long read....but so true....and I am delighted… t.co/3macmCAZ0e
- Delighted to see two proud members of FRANK’S ARMY, and who helped deliver FRANK’S LAW, our friends MSP Bill Bowman… t.co/e4PvQ9G2Ej
- EVERY MEMBER OF FRANK’S ARMY WHEREVER YOU ARE..... HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH AND BE PROUD... BECAUSE YOU HELPED IN… t.co/IYTIZ0OHNd
- Over the last few years since Frankie and I began the FRANKS LAW campaign, I have been invited to speak to various… t.co/cx8GscZLAV
- There have been times for every single one of us when putting one foot in front of the other has taken every last o… t.co/4q0FQF7ezm
- Well what can I say about our wonderful friend Jonathen...who has been the most fantastic supporter of FRANK’S LAW,… t.co/XoVAZMNToI
- Sometimes the path we are on is strewn with stones, boulders and rocks. But somewhere in our darkest hour friends… t.co/FL0EGBtCBz
- WISHING ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS, NO MATTER WHETHER YOU HAVE A FAITH OR NOT, HAVE A VERY HAPPY EASTER....❤️✝️🐣❤️
- Together is the nicest place to be..... when you love someone...💕💕💕
- “”””Franks Law on top of the world at the Empire State Building! “”””” Message and photos sent from our good frien… t.co/3DE4a2dGiB
- 5 years ago on April 16th 2014.....You lost your courageous battle with dementia Frankie. I so wish you were here… t.co/oyPFH7mDBW
- 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖 t.co/WjyngJzMkJ
- Huge big thank you to our friends Audrey and Danny for giving me this beautiful bracelet....💖💖💖
- Delighted to see this photo this morning, which shows an array of superstars, and of course two very proud members of FRANK’S ARMY.....👍👍❤️💙
- Delighted to bump into our friend Jimmy tonight at Tannadice and have a chat about the other FRANK’S LAW....his hor… t.co/qEK0kc69Ml
- Disease, disability, illness or a condition does not diminish a person's value as an individual . ❤️❤️❤️
- MORE PROUD MEMBERS OF FRANK’S ARMY WHO HELPED DELIVER IT...
- PROUD MEMBERS OF FRANK’S ARMY....
- A wee thought as we begin a new day:- Each day comes with bearing its own gifts.....Untie the ribbon. 💕💕
- t.co/Hiu0kGxtGX t.co/LTuyZL03XC
- THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE ASSOCIATION OF MANCHESTER UTD PLAYERS FOR SENDING ME THIS PROGRAMME OF THEIR FORTHCOMING A… t.co/qEtH90r1Eb
- THAT HORRIBLE DISEASE CALLED DEMENTIA MAY HAVE DESTROYED FRANKIE’S BRAIN......AND ROBBED HIM OFF HIS LIFE.... BUT… t.co/sWJldXuQ2N
- More proud members of members of FRANK’S ARMY...thank you all...xxx
- A VERY EMOTIONAL PAST WEEK FOR ME. FRANKIE WOULD HAVE CELEBRATED HIS 70TH BIRTHDAY, THEN A FEW DAYS LATER AFTER… t.co/QTHsYsIukI
- When Your Hut's On Fire The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed… t.co/yXUYcMWTI0
- Brilliant photos from our friends Sheena and Shirley who are hitting the hotspots of Sevilla.....and Sheena a proud… t.co/ECQxoStGbT
- A Beautiful Poem which was sent to me a few years ago and was written by a child with special needs... and I don't… t.co/oqiggFfVdz
- Well what can I say? Some photos from this historic day at Holyrood with our wonderful General Miles Briggs an… t.co/EzWGR0bThf
- t.co/vwkTdI7rZG t.co/9XWBIhzAu9
- t.co/9AWwBSBqIw t.co/WU1N3wLSDN
- Thank you very much to our friend Linda at the West Angus Area Ministry for inviting me to speak about FRANK’S LAW… t.co/lMhlX3CgS7
- Thanks to our friends Sue and Ray from Wolverhampton who I first met in Cala Dor for sending this photo of her prou… t.co/iivi52i6CH
- MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED FRANKIE, ME AND SCOTT DURING HIS JOURNEY WITH DEMENTI… t.co/8QuJ2NH9Sm
- Miles, it has been a pleasure for me and FRANK’S ARMY to see your fantastic support for the campaign. You never fa… t.co/9DrBTvvmW6
- Thanks to our good friend Brian for sending kind these phots and message I think Susan is the only member of FRANK… t.co/4q02QSiQU4
- Our good friend Jonathan, another general of FRANK’S ARMY, who like Simon, travelled the world to raise awareness f… t.co/7VY5px7Mxx
- Two of our friends who are members of FRANK’S ARMY....proud to support FRANK’S LAW. Simon, one of our proud General… t.co/bignb7yD5S
- #ArabZONE Frank Kopel v Anderlecht UEFA Cup - 02/10/1979 DUNDEE UNITED FC OFFICIAL YOUTUBE VIDEO t.co/6j14X9k4LZ
- 1st April 2019....❤️
- Frank’s Law widow hopes ‘no promises broken’ on legislation eve t.co/cf5B9fJMlz
- The last day of March today........and then tomorrow, April a new month. What will that new month bring? Certainl… t.co/xpyNtivAcI
- THE ANGEL OF MOTHER’S LOVE - Lorna Byrne....💖💖💖 Mother’s Day is a time for all of us - those of us who are still l… t.co/VnWc5Lx4QF
- Campaigners warn thousands of disabled people face disappointment over 'Frank's Law' t.co/SZi4Qjckc8
- Thank you so very much to our friends from the GB THEATRE COMPANY, KIRRIEMUIR for the brilliant play which they pe… t.co/0rFbgOsZk8
- THE FINAL WHISTLE IS ONLY 48 HOURS AWAY!!!! 👍❤️💙
- Thank you to our good friend Kevin, proud to be a member of FRANK’S ARMY who sent me this beautiful vase with the l… t.co/Kf3KA3cawB
- 70 YEARS AGO TODAY, MY SOULMATE WAS BORN IN A HOUSE IN FALKIRK. 8 YEARS LATER IN 1958, WHEN I WAS 8 AND HE WAS 10,… t.co/xwkd9qZkCk
- ❤️❤️❤️ t.co/eIqEif20Kv
- Just reading this report in the Courier has just been sent to me and I would like to thank so many people throughou… t.co/lYSZqNeYA7
- NO DISEASE, DISABILITY, ILLNESS OR CONDITION WAITS UNTIL A PERSON REACHES 65 WHEN ANYONE OF THEM COMES KNOCKING A… t.co/5vcmOMmdG3
- Our beautiful niece Karina.....💚💙💖💚💙💖💚💙💖
- Happy Birthday to our good friend Dr Stewart whose fantastic research into Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) ,… t.co/5HNXrkihqH
- BBC REPORTING SCOTLAND EARLIER.... t.co/a16ICOKJso
- Thank you to our friend Jeff Adamson from SCOTLAND AGAINST THE CARE TAX team for forwardng this article. The Scott… t.co/wEN7BtUqrq
- Great to see proud General of FRANK’S ARMY, Jonathan Smith proudly wearing his FRANK’S LAW t shirt at Ak Orda Presi… t.co/vjcLctxaKL
- 2013.......FRANK’S LAW Campaign began June 2017........FRANK’S LAW Bill launched at Holyrood by MSP MILES BRIGGS… t.co/JM7kSz3kNI
- Especially this week....❤️❤️❤️💜💜💜
- ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ t.co/i8PfbUMHPq
- NEARLY THERE..... THANK YOU ANGUS AND GLASGOW COUNCILS FOR BEING THE FIRST TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT IN IMPLEMENTING IT.👍👏
- March 2019...Delighted to hear both Angus Council and Glasgow Council are ready for the implementation of FRANK’S L… t.co/vfMFegNf5f
- Thank you very much to St Johns High School for inviting me to speak today about FRANK’S LAW to the pupils from the… t.co/6oXtuCgN6X
Frank's Law is a campaign to stop the age discrimination which exists for people in Scotland under the age of 65.
At present, anyone under the age of 65 who requires personal care for their Dementia, Motor Neurone Disease, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, Cancer, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (or any other degenerative brain disease) has to fund the cost of the care themselves.
That person, will, in all probability (through no fault of their own) have lost their job, lost their income, is yet to reach pension age and their carer (which is usually a family member), will too have given up their job to care for their loved one. However, for those over the age of 65, that personal care is free.
But no disability, illness, condition or disease waits until a person reaches the age of 65, then strikes.
Amanda Kopel (widow of the late Frank Kopel) has experienced this injustice first hand:
Dementia came to our door as a very uninvited guest, when my beautiful husband Frankie, who was my best friend and soul mate was diagnosed with dementia when he was 59.
The 6 years which followed, until the day he died in my arms on April 16th 2014, both Frankie and I encountered first hand the discrimination which existed against vulnerable people under the age of 65.
I began the campaign in June 2013 as the present law (which had been introduced in 2002) stated that anyone over the age of 65, when assessed as requiring personal care should not have to pay for it.
Frankie did not need personal care at point of diagnosis, but as the dementia deteriorated that was when he needed personal care.
Only one day separates the difference between paying for personal care and getting it free.
It does not matter whether you are aged 64 or 65, the care will be the same.
Frank's Law campaign support is growing by the day as people all over Scotland realise that sometime in the future they may need the support of this extremely important law as not one of us know what the future has in store for us.
I do not want anyone under the age of 65 to go through the battle which Frankie and others went through and be discriminated against because of the age on their birth certificate.
FRANK'S LAW... IT'S TIME TO DELIVER